Sunday, June 22, 2014

Family Reunion

Today we are at the annual Fetal Family Reunion, for the Center for Fetal Diagnosis & Treatment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Emma was diagnosed with gastroschisis when I was 20 weeks pregnant, 7 years ago.  It was the start of a very unique pregnancy and parenting experience.

Most days we are indistinguishable from other families, embroiled in a daily routine of school, work, play and arguing!  But there are those days (thankfully) that remind me of everything we have been through, overcome and are thankful for.

Don't get me wrong, I would not have chosen for my child to be sick or to have to face all that we did/do.  However, I choose to be thankful for all that we have learned, for how our lives have changed us, for the amazing help that we found and for the truly unimaginable progress Emma has made.  By God's grace and blessing, our journey has always been lined with silver, and more precious than gold.

As we visit with nurses and doctors who were there with us through the toughest of days, and bask in their amazement at the fireball that is Emma, we are truly thankful for the joy we have.  I love to encourage them, to thank them again and though I am friends with many on Facebook, there's nothing like seeing a miracle in the flesh, with all her attitude and charm!

The kids had a real blast!












No comments: