It's official - summer has begun, or at least for the kids! Emma had her last day of Kindergarten today, and will be off until September (Toby has been off for a few weeks). I will be changing my hours from June 23 to work 5 mornings every week. The plan is that I can go and pick the kids up and then go do something outside so everyone is getting exercise and vitamin D! Somehow I'll try and fit in some educational stuff, and make sure Emma stays on point to start first grade.
In the fall I will continue my new schedule and be able to drop each of the kids off at school in the morning - which I'm so pleased about with Toby because I can meet the other moms and help him build friendships! I'll also be home in time to pick up Emma, so she won't notice I'm working at all - how great is that? The best of both worlds (chores will get done when they get done!). Toby will go to Nanna's after his short school day and hang with his cousins.
It's been such a blessing to be able to work part-time and I am certain that I work for the most understanding and flexible people ever! It wouldn't be possible with out the help and care of Scott's parents, and we are so thankful for them giving the kids a fun, safe and educational place to be. I think the kids and I are all glad we aren't together all day every day!
In the fall I will continue my new schedule and be able to drop each of the kids off at school in the morning - which I'm so pleased about with Toby because I can meet the other moms and help him build friendships! I'll also be home in time to pick up Emma, so she won't notice I'm working at all - how great is that? The best of both worlds (chores will get done when they get done!). Toby will go to Nanna's after his short school day and hang with his cousins.
It's been such a blessing to be able to work part-time and I am certain that I work for the most understanding and flexible people ever! It wouldn't be possible with out the help and care of Scott's parents, and we are so thankful for them giving the kids a fun, safe and educational place to be. I think the kids and I are all glad we aren't together all day every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment