So, I'm in slow traffic on the way to work,. It's raining. But I'm
happy! I realize I haven't posted all week, and it's really a good
reason for that. Last Friday I deleted my Facebook app from my phone,
which has severely restricted my ability to post statuses, and
pictures on Facebook. It's also reduced the drive to take pictures. To
share the minutiae of my every day life! And that's great. Facebook
was taking over my time and attention.
What else? Well I changed my part-time hours this week, from three
full days to 5/2 days. This is in preparation for the fall so that I
will be able to pick Emma up from school every day. I wasn't sure how
it would go but, I have to say I really like it!
Firstly, I have to get up every morning around the same time anyway.
And it is always up early so there's no such thing as sleeping in on
my days off! Also it's so nice to leave work right around lunchtime,
get home have time to spend with the kids, get dinner ready and even
do chores or errands, or before Scott gets home.
It will be a mixture of schedules over the summer, as we have doctors
appointments, and things like that so rather than use vacation I'll
switch my schedule so that I'm still working the same number of hours
each week.
This week I also started working out again. It's been a couple of
months since I was committed to it. So I started getting up at 5:30am
again (alarm starts at 5, and I "snooze for a half hour!), then a half
hour work out. It leaves me an hour and a half to get the kids and I
ready. When I don't work out I typically get up an hour before I have
to leave and it's a stressful rush!
Clearly I'm a creature of habit, and having the same routine for all 5
weekdays gives me a sense of order, and peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment