Thursday, July 31, 2014

Compassion

We were in the pool last night, when Emma asked me if she could take a look in her piggy bank tonight. I asked what she wants to buy and she said "I don't want to buy anything. Did you know there are kids in India who don't have clean water to drink? They just have dirty muddy water. I want to give some money to help build a well for clean water."

This is the cause that they are raising money for at Vacation Bible School this week.  I told her she could give as much of her money as she wants!

She proceeded to act out the story of a boy with no parents, who takes care of his grandparents and brings them dirty water.  And then tell about five other people (strangers) about the little boy!
 
Normally I will tell her to back off because she loves to accost random people, but I figured that her message was important!

I asked Toby if he wanted to give any of his money. He said "no, I don't want to give them any of my money."

No comments: