After a shaky start last week, Toby is doing great at school. Still shy at first, won't say hi to any kids but Kaylee, but is playing with them inside!
Emma is loving school and although she would like to ride the bus like many other kids, I think the hugs at drop off and pick up are important for both of us. I do think she's missing going to Nanna's 3 times a week, and will do even more when homework starts!
We're all home by 4pm every day, which has been great. The kids get to play with Daddy on the swingset, and usually 1-3 neighbors kids! That gives me chance to make dinner and get any chores done. It feels so "normal"!!
I'm back working out each day, I get up about 6:15am, after Scott has left for work, and do my work out in the living room. The kids have a check list of all the things they have to do before we leave, like getting dressed, making their bed and tidying their room, eating breakfast and drinking some water - sounds simple, but I have to get myself ready and often forget what they need to do. It's teaching them responsibility - well Emma! Toby sleeps until about 8am and then it's flat out just to get out the door!
We're all home by 4pm every day, which has been great. The kids get to play with Daddy on the swingset, and usually 1-3 neighbors kids! That gives me chance to make dinner and get any chores done. It feels so "normal"!!
I'm back working out each day, I get up about 6:15am, after Scott has left for work, and do my work out in the living room. The kids have a check list of all the things they have to do before we leave, like getting dressed, making their bed and tidying their room, eating breakfast and drinking some water - sounds simple, but I have to get myself ready and often forget what they need to do. It's teaching them responsibility - well Emma! Toby sleeps until about 8am and then it's flat out just to get out the door!
Our weekends have changed a lot. Scott is not doing sidework any more and is home with us, which is so nice. Em has soccer on Saturday mornings and Scott is coaching, being an involved dad. For many weeks Emma has birthday parties on Saturday afternoons!
We have a couple weddings coming up, including the one Emma will be a flower girl in. It's going to be busy until mid-October, but it's good busy!
I'll try and keep you posted with pictures and the like!
I'll try and keep you posted with pictures and the like!
No comments:
Post a Comment