Friday, September 5, 2014

Cake!

You know that phrase "have your cake and eat it"?  That's kind of how I feel right now!

This week Emma started first grade, which is full day school, and Monday Toby will start Pre-Kindergarten, which is 5 mornings a week.

I also started new work hours this week that will allow me to drop both kids at school personally, and then head to work.  I am able to leave work in time to pick Emma up from school myself each day. 

Many women face the decision of choosing work, or being home when the kids are.  For most, work is out of necessity rather than choice. 

Although I am not home to pick-up Toby from school (Pops will do that and then he'll stay with Nanna and Pops for a few hours until I come home), it is such a blessing that I will not miss one second of time with Emma!  When Toby goes to first grade in two years, both kids will have me home when they are.  They won't know the difference if I'm working or at home!

This is such a HUGE blessing (and I am so thankful to my bosses, and Scott's parents for giving me such incredible flexibility) because before we ever had kids Scott and I talked about wanting to be home for them, particularly after school (when they can get in to most trouble!).  It's not something that is possible for many people, while still bringing in an income. 

Dreams really do come true!!

No comments: