Life is not always what you imagined it to be, but when you put your hope and trust in Jesus, life will be more than you could have ever dreamed.
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Speech
Emma does not currently receive speech therapy because we didn't know there was anything more that could be done to help her speech. Then we heard about the Talk Tools therapy at the Moebius conference. We want Emma to participate in the clinical trials to help get the therapy approved for wider use, even though it may mean she is in a control group rather than getting the Talk Tools therapy.
The trial involves 3 half hour sessions per week for 3 months. The therapist is not financially compensated, but will get training and tools to use. For us this is a challenge because we don't have a current therapist to help. So I put it out on Facebook for anyone who might be able to refer us. A friend of mine connected me to a therapist she had worked with. Turns out she lives really close, went to school with my husband (though they didn't hang in the same circles) and is also a Christian. She has two small children and works full-time at a school for the blind, so she's been mulling it over!
Last night she came over to meet Emma. I figured that would help, since she would see how cooperative and lovely Em is. I think it went well, she brought her kids and they all played together and we chatted a bit.
She was also star-struck to get a phone call from Sara about the study (therapist celebrity I guess!), which must've helped!
I'm thinking we will certainly see if we can get therapy with her following the trial so that she can do the Talk Tools with Emma on an ongoing basis.
Now I'm just waiting to see if we can get it going!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment