Sunday, March 8, 2015

Heating up

Sorry if you were waiting on my update - the heat went back on Friday evening, and not a moment too soon.  I was doing my very best to maintain a positive attitude throughout the three days, not least because we technically had heat.  But I do not deal well with the unexpected and apparently have not improved much on that!  So couple the heat issue, with a snow day and another issue I'm not yet at liberty to publish, the whole week was a major test for me.

I'm thankful that the kids are back in their own rooms, the basement is once again toasty and warm, and we can all leave the house at the same time!

You may notice that finances were not listed on my "issues", which would probably have tipped me over the edge if they were.  I am so thankful and blessed to be able to say that we have been doing very well at reinstating the principles from Financial Peace University and a consistent stream of requests for Scott's craftmanship has meant we could take the blow without much damage.  (You can never fully prepare for the unexpected, but there is peace in knowing you've done your best!)

So, we'll be starting a new week and trying to get back on track.  The temps are going way up - 40f never sounded so good, and the snow is already melting fast.  The clocks went forward last night, so we edge closer to Spring by the day!  I already bought my first can of sunscreen - building a supply ahead of time!!

No comments: