Monday, April 6, 2015

Making progress

This weekend marked my 3 months on Weight Watchers, and I've done pretty well...

I never expected 20lbs that quick, but it was steady and I've been able to enjoy my favorite foods.  

I'm now at the top end of my healthy weight range, so I've a little more to go until I start just maintaining.

The best part is the freedom in understanding that I'm a food addict!  Sounds cuckoo, but just like other addictions, food impacts your body chemistry and sugar especially is addictive.  You can't stop eating of course, so I'm in the process of retraining my brain and my relationship with food.

I feel so empowered and healthy for the first time in a long time.  It's not a diet, it's going to be a lifelong journey, there will be no "not thinking about what I eat".  

Sure, I will have struggles and fails, but getting right back on track instead of wallowing in guilt and frustration is key.

This is as much for my kids as myself.  I want them to have a healthy relationship with food, not use it as a coping mechanism or friend!

No comments: