Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sleepover

Emma went on her first non-family sleepover this evening... And is now home!

I remember my first sleepover, and how I cried and wanted to come home before bedtime, and the anxiety that caused.  So I made sure that Emma knew if she wanted to come home, she could.  I think it might have been a little overwhelming because there were 4 girls total.  She's going to go back and hang out in the morning though.  And when I brought her home, Scott took her out for ice-cream!  

I'm sure it doesn't help that we have never both left the kids for more than one night - I only left for two nights when I was in hospital having Toby, and Scott was home with her then!  That's right, in 7 1/2 years, we've never had a vacation without the kids!  But, I'm not really trying to, I think I'd miss them.  The odd night here and there, courtesy of Scott's parents, is great.

We also have a great bedtime routine of snuggling, praying and singing them to sleep (or almost asleep).  In fact, I can usually sing the two verses and chorus and they're asleep!  We didn't have to do that with Toby tonight though - he crawled on to Scott's lap about 7:30 and next thing we knew...

So, sleepovers will wait for a little bit, or we'll have a friend over here to stay first.

No comments: