Saturday, June 6, 2015

Catch up

So... Emma went to visit her new school monday, and we got to meet her new principle (sp?) and guidance counselor at a parent meeting that night.  I'm still nervous about this new, less nurturing school, but it was nice to hear that 2 of the 7 teachers in Emma's grade were Scott's!  He seems to think that will be a good thing if she gets one!!

Emma is still doing great at gymnastics and is used to doing one flip on the bar each week, per my orders!  She really needs a boot up the bum until she realizes she can really do it!
This was a new move and I was so proud.  She always gives it her all and never gets frustrated or discouraged.  It's quite humbling.

Toby (and Scott) had their last t-ball game of the season on Friday.  This little group of small (literally), unique boys really bonded and wanted to finish strong.  Despite games where they looked like the team in a movie that eventually wins the lot, they had a blast and Coach Scott had a ton to do with that.
I overheard parents talking about him, glowingly, and they were asking him to come back next year, which he plans to do.  But Toby will also play in a couple of tournaments over the summer.

They also got Scott a gift card to our favorite restaurant!! 😊

On Saturday I had my last week of maintenance at Weight Watchers.  I joined on January 3, 2015.  I lost 23lbs by mid-April, which surpassed my goal.  Then I had to go 6 weeks of maintenance - trying to keep the weight the same, not being more than 2lb above or below goal weight after 6 weeks.

Somehow I did it - I say that because I ate whatever I wanted!  Often I want different things than I used to, but I still have a craving for good steaks and desserts!

So, I am now a Lifetime Member!
I only HAVE to weigh in once a month and stay below my goal weight, and I'll never have to pay again.  Isn't that such a great program?  They really want you to be supported for life!

I plan to continue weekly meetings as long as possible, lose about 10lbs more, as a buffer(!), and maybe become a leader as a little side gig!  I do love encouraging others to make these changes.  I feel amazing, and have already dropped 1-2 dress sizes!  Don't worry, there's still plenty protecting my bones!!

Less than two weeks until Emma finishes school for the summer and we take up daily residence at the pool!   You can't beat my schedule for work and pool time, and I don't take it for granted!!

No summer vacation plans as we save for a long overdue trip to England, which makes it even better that we can go to the pool with Scott's family and so many friends.

Good stuff happening here!!

No comments: