First, he walked Emma to school, which I normally don't have time to do because I have to take Toby straight to school after and then head to work. She wanted to ride her bike, so they both rode and I met them there with the car!
After Emma went in, we put the bikes in the car and took Toby to school.
Ahead of time I contacted both their teachers and asked if Scott could be a guest reader on either day, since he would never normally be able. They were both happy to accommodate him!
Today was Emma's turn, and we didn't tell her! Scott heard the teacher building the excitement in the room before he came in, and as you can imagine, Emma was super excited to see him.
He brought the two books she had selected for me to read when I come in (I'm so sneaky!), but Scott being Scott he also took some props!
Apparently one boy said "I wish he was my dad!" I'm sure it won't hurt Emma socially to have the best dad ever!! And I'm sure Emma will be talking about this for weeks.
Scott's scheduled to read for Toby's Class on Monday!





No comments:
Post a Comment