Friday, October 2, 2015

Lunch room

As I got emma ready for bed tonight she nonchalantly dropped a bomb on me.  "At lunch time today a lady told me to chew with my mouth closed.  By the time I was done chewing she was gone so I couldn't tell her that I can't."  Grrrr.

I explained that she was likely not being mean, and reminded her that we do encourage her to cover her mouth with her hand when she's eating.  She said that she didn't feel like it was a big deal.

But I do!

Em doesn't know the lunch lady's name, but I'm still going to email her teacher.  I'm sure it's normal for lunch ladies to police the table manners of kids, I'm fine with that.  But I do not want emma to be self-conscious about eating in public, or for adults to give the kids ammunition to tease her with.

Just when I think we're going along smoothly, we hit a bump in the road.

No comments: