What a week!
When Emma came down with a fever we assumed it was the same thing as I had a week prior, and Toby a week before that. It would last a couple of days and be gone.
Sure enough, on Monday she was resting and hydrated and the fever was gone.
On Tuesday we had a midday appointment at the hospital to discuss facial reanimation surgery. On the drive home Emma went downhill and by the time we got home, she was totally out of sorts. At 5 am on Wednesday morning, her 102f fever was up to 103f and not budging much with medicine.
So on Wednesday morning (after getting the "no appointments") from our doctors office we headed to urgent care. It's like a cross between a doctors office and the ER! Anyone can go in there without an appointment and they have much longer hours and more facilities than regular offices.
Anyway, hearing the symptoms the nurse slowly backed away and said "I think it's the flu"! Sure enough, the swab tested positive. So Emma was put on Tamiflu, the only flu medicine, and an antibiotic, to prevent pneumonia developing.
As of today, the fever is persistent, but she is eating again and moving around more. I knew it was bad when she didn't want to eat at all yesterday and slept for 14 hours Tuesday night! She didn't even want the iPad.
So, we are riding it out, and she's considered not contagious as of Friday, but I'll keep her home until Saturday, maybe Sunday.
It's both good and bad that this week is Spring Break, so she's not missing school. But the weather is nice and she could be outside (though I think she's happier "resting" than anything!)
As for me, I worked from home on Monday, and had Tuesday off for the appointment. When this hit my boss said I could work from home the rest of the week. I could not be any more thankful for the way my managers allow me to balance my family with work. A happier employee is a productive employee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment