Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 2

Today was interesting.  The anesthesia seems to be wearing off, Em was awake for longer periods and actually used words instead of various tones of whining to communicate.  She's even repositioning herself to sleep on her side.

Everything is progressing as expected, and we've been shown wound care.

The hope is that she can be released tomorrow, but for that to happen, she's going to need to get up and walk a bit, and start drinking more, maybe even eat a little - none of which has she shown interest in!!

As of now we are alone in the room, so we could get a decent night of rest - I'm camping in her bed for convenience.  She wakes up whenever I get up!!

Please pray that she continues to improve and feels able to go home.  I'm not even thinking past that!!

No comments: