One of the young mothers on the Moebius moms Facebook group reached out to me yesterday after I posted a recent picture of Emma (with her permission!). She wrote A LOT, but this was the gist of it:
I just felt like i had to reach out and let you know that you have touched our lives and given me so much hope and strength to learn to adapt to our "normal". Thank you for that! I know it might sound silly since it's only been on FB, but you have been most helpful with everything you have posted. The first year was the hardest all around!!
When I get responses like that, it encourages me to keep sharing our stories, the good and the bad! We all go through things, but if we are able to learn from them, or share a new perspective on how to respond to life, we can impact the world around us.
It's not comfortable for all people to share their lives in the way we do, and that's ok, but I am learning that God made me who I am, with my certain personality, because he had a plan that would need me to be this way.
Last night we stood up at Emma's back to school night, as usual, and told the parents who had not been in her class before (about 70%) about Moebius Syndrome. I actually didn't cry!! I was happy to do it, and to also ask them to lead by example and smile or say "hi" to special needs kids that they see. Otherwise children are left wondering, and often afraid.
Emma had left a couple of pieces of work for us to see that really touched our hearts!
She really is concerned about the election, especially the hostility to Christianity increasing if one person gets in (maybe both, who knows)!


No comments:
Post a Comment