Friday, March 3, 2017

30 day journey

About 6 weeks ago an acquaintance made me an offer I couldn't refuse - to try a 30 day nutritional cleansing and fat burning diet system.  you know the routine, 2 meal replacement shakes and some other supplements, mixed in with a few days of a type of fast, and only eating non-processed healthy food for dinner.

It's no secret my nutritional health journey is a rollercoaster and the holidays always make me go downhill.  I wasn't quite at my heaviest, but not where I wanted to be.

I went for it and lost 15lbs, and 10" in all the right places!
But, what goes beyond the exterior is what changed in my mind!  I went from seeing healthy choices (as opposed to junk food or processed food) as being deprived and "poor me" to actually being empowering - to have control over my cravings.

Often we crave certain things, but it's not out of hunger - any food would satisfy hunger!  We crave things for comfort, reward, pleasure etc, and we sabotage our own bodies in response.

I started a study group on the book Made to Crave.  It talks about how we were designed to crave, but that craving should be for God, for his will and plan in our life.  Misguided cravings result in pulling us in the opposite direction.

And that's the difference - realizing that my health honors God and enables me to serve him with more energy and ability than before!

No comments: