Thursday, April 26, 2018

Precious One!

This is one of my wallpaper pictures at work, and every time it comes on my heart melts!  That tiny little face, the full head of hair and the total eye contact.  It is a great reminder to me that though my babies are now over 4ft tall, and run circles around me, they are still looking at me with the hope and unconditional love that Emma did then.

When I told her this morning that she is my favorite girl in the whole world, she said "I am? I didn't know that!" with apparent sincerity.  Even though I have told her that many times, in many ways!!

Our children's hearts are fragile, and as adults, we too can need constant reassurance that we are loved, we are preferred, we are valued.  But in our world, we often only listen to the negative, the past wounds, or the deafening silence of those we crave approval from. 

That's why we are called to return to the scriptures daily.  To spend time in our Father's presence.  To listen to the sweet whisper of the Holy Spirit to our heart.

Psalm 139:13-16 ESV

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

 

Romans 5:8 ESV

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

 

You, and I, were deliberately created.  Designed, in love, for great things.  God, who knows all things and is not bound by time, gave life to you.  He did not change his mind when he knew you would reject him and live for yourself - rather he sent his Son to atone for your choices, in provision and hope that you would some day turn and acknowledge him.


He longs for us to turn our face toward him, with wide eyes and ask him who he says we are!  To allow our true purpose, and true value to come from him, not the self-willed vision we have of ourselves.


His love is unending, unfailing and inescapable.  He pursues us all, through our fears, rebellion, and sin.  To one end - reconciliation. 



No comments: