Monday, October 22, 2007

Baby Shower!

Last week I had two baby showers! For those of you not familiar with this custom (namely Brits), a baby shower is party to celebrate a new baby. Customarily held before the birth, and often just women who go. The guests generously bring gifts and wisdom to lavish on the baby. If you're really blessed, you have a great time AND much less to buy for the new arrival!

On Wednesday my office had a surprise shower under the guise of a meeting! We had coffee and donuts, while I opened the wonderful gifts of clothes, books and toys (all for the baby!). It was so nice and really got me excited (and anxious) to prepare the nursery.

Then on Saturday a church meeting turned out to be another baby shower, thrown by my family and friends! There were 30 women in a room for 2 hours with food, cake and gifts! It was alot of fun!! I was so pleased that some of my friends could come that I don't normally see very often (you know who you are!!). I was in quite a daze to catch up with everyone!

Importantly my team won the baby pictionary - without cheating!! (I still don't think "baby blues" can be drawn though!!)

Scott and I are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who gave us everything from diapers (nappies!) to swings, clothes and books! We now have a full shelf of books for Emma to chew, throw, read and love! (Plus I'm sure the other children who come to visit will be glad of the new books! They've been reading Millie Moo for over a year!!)

This pregnancy has been full of so much joy and also tears! When Emma does finally arrive she will truly be a miracle, who taught us how to hope, trust, love and wait. What a special little girl.

No comments: