Although it is Christmas Day and we want it to be a great day I want to be honest, especially as this is a blog about Emma's progress. Unfortunately we had a real set-back last night. Emma developed a fever and went up to 101 degrees fahrenheit. The doctors have now decided to stop her feeds again.
They are unsure if there is an infection caused when they removed her central line or if her bowel is unhappy - an x-ray has showed the intestine loops are more dilated than they were. Either way a fever is bad and they are concerned.
As for Emma, she is not happy. She was crying more than usual and very floppy and fussy. Apparently I am the same way when sick so Scott knew Emma was really not feeling good! She also only wanted her mummy, so I felt somewhat helpful in making her feel better.
Please say a prayer for Emma today, we know they really do help.
They are unsure if there is an infection caused when they removed her central line or if her bowel is unhappy - an x-ray has showed the intestine loops are more dilated than they were. Either way a fever is bad and they are concerned.
As for Emma, she is not happy. She was crying more than usual and very floppy and fussy. Apparently I am the same way when sick so Scott knew Emma was really not feeling good! She also only wanted her mummy, so I felt somewhat helpful in making her feel better.
Please say a prayer for Emma today, we know they really do help.
May God bless you.
No comments:
Post a Comment