Thursday, January 3, 2008

Update

Emma is back from surgery now.  It took 20 minutes for the actual surgery, but 45 minutes prior to that to get an IV in!!  The tongue lip adhesion is exactly as it sounds, her tongue will be stuck to her lip, though in a few weeks you won't be able to see the stitches that are holding it there right now.

She should come off the ventilator and sedation over the weekend, once the swelling and pain subside.  She's sedated now, but managed to breakthrough!  She got very mad and wriggled, but we put her on her side and turned her mobile on - always a winner!!  Hopefully now she'll stay sedated until she is extubated. 

And me, well I guess I should take the opportunity to get some errands run and chores done!!  Maybe even some extra sleep!  Did I mention I have a cold to boot! 

I look forward to telling you how she's doing after the weekend!!

No comments: