Emma is doing okay today. She is breathing well on her own so they will try and wean her off the ventilator support. She will remain intubated and sedated though until the swelling goes down. Probably until Sunday at least because once the tube comes out it will be tough to get it back down if necessary because of the surgery.
She has been anaemic lately and it has come to the point where they need to give her a blood transfusion. She had one after her first surgery too. Apparently when you’re so little your marrow doesn’t make blood that fast so when they take it out for samples etc. it soon drops your levels.
The good thing she is already back on milk, just 5ml an hour, going up to 10ml today (goal is at least 20ml), and has the IV fluids. She was gaining weight well before the surgery so that is good.
I am by her bedside as usual, getting some stuff done on the computer. I could probably have stayed home, but I like to be on hand if she needs me!
No comments:
Post a Comment