Thursday, January 17, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

That's right, Emma got a good few hours sleep last night. She was well awake by 9.30am when they removed the buttons from the back of her tongue and chin. Now her tongue is only held forward where it was stitched to the back of her lip. I'd like to say that since then she has not had any episodes, but I can't! She does seem to have less secretion build-up though, so hopefully over the next few days that will improve.

Despite that we shared some special time today. When I got there she was not sleepy and when I lay her flat on the mattress for a moment she was very happy. So I left her there, kicking and waving, while I sat next to her talking to her. For a short time I laid her on her belly (apparently key to developing fine motor skills) and she was okay for a few minutes.

Then after changing her diaper I put her in a super cute outfit! It wasn't long before she became very sleepy so I laid her back down and she slept for a half hour. No big deal? Actually, this is the first time she has ever slept on her back on a flat regular mattress!! She even had her head to the left!!

When she roused I raised the bed to an incline to avoid reflux and she was still sleeping when Scott came and hour later.

She was still sleeping after we had been to get a snack.

She was still sleeping after we had a lengthy chat with the social worker.

She was still sleeping when we left!

By the time I got home and spoke to the nurse, who was about to wake her, she'd been asleep 4 hours!! (They have to wake her to check her temperature, blood pressure etc every 4 hours!) Although we do want to spend time with her, we also know for now sleep is precious for her. Besides I have a bad throat, so I don't want to get too close for too long!

This evening Scott and I finally got around to tackling the milk mountain that had formed in our spare freezer! Check out the before and after - we had to throw out at least as many as were originally in the door!!




3 comments:

Taryn said...

I LOVE the milk mountain :) Emma is so adorable!

Inga said...

Emma has grown so much and looks adorable in the4 little outfit!
I can't believe how she has changed! Mom, Dad, she looks great on you!

Love,
Inga

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe your "milk mountain"! Guess now you reeeeally know how cows feel!!! Yikes!!! Keep on pumpin'! Love ya!
Nichole