This morning after dropping Scott at work (really – 7am is still night-time!!) I headed straight in to see Emma. That way I can leave early and go to the Laundromat!
As I drove in I had Christian radio on. One of the many encouraging songs they play was on. But every so often this other song kept trying to break through. The lyrics I heard were “nah nah nah, wanna be a rich girl” or something like that. (I’m not as young as I used to be!!)
What’s my point? This is the perfect word picture for my thought life right now. As I try to focus on the hope and joy that I have, negative messages break in. Worries about money (always a top one right!), Emma’s health and happiness, how it will be to have a baby at home and so on.
There are no answers to them. I’m not even sure if they are questions! It seems to be more like they are distractions that stop me seeing how blessed I am, all the time. Thankfully I can usually get back to the hope and joy pretty quickly, by myself. But when I can’t I am so blessed that Scott is able to give me guiding hand, as are you! Even if I don’t know you personally, knowing that you are reading this helps me to consider how I want to feel and think in a wider context.
So, thanks!
I’m too blessed to be stressed!!
As for Emma, she’s a delight! The nurses have her dressed in her velour suit again, with her bib that says “I love my daddy!” They all stop by each day to check out her outfit! And as I type she is reclining in front of her mobile. (And before you wonder how I can not simply hold her all day long – she loves it and I’m on hand when she gets bored!!)
2 comments:
Sorry to blog stalk you but I'm obsessed with how little Emma is doing!! I check on her every day and I wish you all the best! My son spent 6 months at CHOP with Big T as his nurse. Big T meaning crazy Taryn. Best of luck to all of you for Friday.
I am so thankful to learn of how Emma is doing. It's great to see her getting a bath by Daddy.
I am sorry to hear about the washer and dryer. Bummer.
I love you guys.
Post a Comment