As we get closer to Emma's surgery on Friday I get more excited and nervous about the outcome. Next week Emma should be more tolerant of being flat (she currently stays on an incline to help the reflux) and hopefully requires less suctioning.
In all we are fairly relaxed about the surgery - it's the third one in as many months so it seems almost routine. Of course we know the risks, but we are choosing to leave her in God's hands and focus on the positive outcomes.
I'm looking forward to bringing the stroller in and take her for walks around the NICU as she won't have to be on a feeding pump continuously. (A small step before coming home!)
We have the house as ready as can be at this point. Her room is clean and tidy, as is the rest - but don't worry I'm not naive enough to think it will stay that way. And if you ever here me complain about all the baby paraphenalia you have my permission to remind me (in a loving way) how much I have looked forward to having Emma and all her stuff at home with us!
I don't think it has really sunk in yet that she will eventually be coming home. I'm sure it will hit me like a brick (that you wanted to hit you!).
No comments:
Post a Comment