Emma's doctor has changed her feeds to every 4 hours, which means we only have to get up once in the night! I am so pleased, as you can imagine! I often get up in the night to pump so this won't be tough at all!
Of course, we hope that she continues to sleep through the night!
Reducing the diaper rash has become trial and error! So far slowing down the speed of her feeds has reduced her output, which should ease the damage to her skin. The nurses are also going to try old school methods of funneling pure oxygen into her diaper!!
I am also giving her regular milk, not just the hind part as having too many calories can lead to diarrhea!
So, on the whole, everything is looking good.
1 comment:
I am so very proud of you!
You have taken a very simple truth and related the condition of your daughter so eloquently.
I am so thankful to learn of emma's progress. I know you will be exhausted for a while with the every 3 hour schedule. The Lord will assist you to get it all under control.
We love you!
Post a Comment