Monday, March 3, 2008

Good Morning!

Today feels like the first day of the rest of our lives! Yesterday's dedication was like the starting pistol of our life with Emma - she is home where she belongs, and we have committed to raise her to follow after God.

Just this morning I felt like I have a better handle on things. In the night when Emma would fuss I simply gave her her pacifier, again and again (she can't hold it in herself!). Still I got some sleep in between each call to action, which is more than if I'd picked her up!

The two of us slept in until 5am, when we came downstairs to watch the news and hang out. When Scott left for work at 6.30 we went back upstairs to play and yes, to sleep more!

Here she is this morning:

Yesterday I was reading about milestones for babies and Emma, had she not spent so long laying in a hospital bed would be able to lift her head up and prop herself up on her arms. This morning as I held her up to my shoulder she kept her head up much longer than I'd noticed before. She's also rolling on to her side.

So, this week I am going to try and spend more time helping Emma build up her strength
and confidence.

I want to thank you all for sharing this journey with us. I will continue to post the tales of our time together, and no doubt the challenges of adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom. Feel free to join us!

Bur right now I'm going to join Emma who is literally laying on the sofa watching The View!!

No comments: