Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Morning

We are starting to condition Emma to hate Monday mornings, this week she had 5 immunizations before 9.30am! However, being a pro at this kind of thing she stopped crying after a cuddle and then went to sleep in the car. By the time I got her home she was out...
Of course I couldn't leave her to sleep in the fleece (what's wrong with me?) so I tried to take it off and she woke up! Right now she's trying to talk her mobile into moving! Of course it won't because I want her to fall asleep again!

Emma woke up at 2am last night and I mean woke up. She was kicking and talking to her mobile. When she does that you have to switch the monitor off because it won't pick up and keeps beeping. Since she has to be observed when not on the monitor that meant I had to stay up with her!

(In the course of that paragraph I gave in and started the mobile! Well, she was yelling at it!)

Where was I? So for some reason even after she fell back asleep she required her pacifier all night. Yes, you guessed it, I was official pacifier put-in body. Needless to say I'm hitting the pillow the moment I'm sure she'll be out for a while. (I'm no good at cat napping.)

And after that we are going to run errands and get some groceries (that's right, last week I did not make it to the store and poor Scott was scavenging in his own home!) Thankfully we don't have anymore appointments this week, so we should be more relaxed.

In case you were wondering, she's only gained 3 ounces in the past 2 weeks. Clearly that is not enough. She seriously needs to starts growing, or at least the doctors need to agree on the best way to fatten her up. I love that she's so cute and all, but at least when she's bigger we can put her in all the cute clothes she keeps getting!

No comments: