Friday, March 14, 2008

More of the same

Where to start!

Scott stayed home yesterday, so you know he really didn't feel good, and wasn't able to help me with Emma! She and I crashed out in the living room most of the morning, leaving Scott to sleep.

After "lunch" (it was cereal!) the three of us went upstairs for another nap, but you know Emma was not ready for that! She lay next to me and in the most adorable way chattered to me! I interpret the chatter as an explanation of why she was not about to sleep again!

Last night she went to sleep by 10.30pm and though she slept through the night, every so often she would wake up, cry a bit and just need her pacifier to fall back asleep. If she wasn't in our room, we probably wouldn't need to get up. But on top of it all is the monitor. I can't tell you the pain that it is!! It has a loud alarm that continually beeps when she starts kicking. And that is why I am exhausted!

It can be frustrating and so easy to forget how precious she is when she's screaming at the top of her lungs! No matter how many times she gets me out of bed, when I look at her little face, so innocent and oblivious, my heart melts! She's come so far to get here.

Emma continues to get stronger and we see her developing every day. She is lifting her head much better and her coordination is improving. It's great to see, especially since Early Intervention will in no way replace the therapy she got at the hospital.

Last night I fed her at 2am, for the first time. We wondered if she may be hungry in the night, and the extra calories will help her grow. As her feeds were so structured at the hospital we don't expect her to get hungry but we have decided that if she gets mad close to feeding time then we'll feed her early! Until now, we've been following the 4 hour schedule to the minute, while she probably hasn't!!

No comments: