Saturday, March 8, 2008

Take stock and change the clock!

As we move our clocks forward, looking ahead to the summer already I’m taking a look back. This morning I have had the chance to sleep in and be alone for the first time in a while.

As I walked around the house I picked up the only picture of Emma we have in a frame (we’ve been busy!!) It’s incredible to look at that picture, below and then look at her now. It’s already hard to remember how small she was, only really the pictures show it, and as many of you know they didn’t really convey how small she was.

Take a look at the early shot and a more recent one and it’s clear to see how far she has come and how good God has been to us.


I had become so used to being a part-time mum, with my routine at home and a routine at the hospital. The past week has been hard and it’s tough to know how to make it easier. Thinking back to 3+ months ago I probably felt the same about our hospital routine and that became straightforward. I guess it just takes time.

It’s really important to look back at the journey you’ve taken to get where you are. Sure, it’s important to learn from your mistakes, but it’s more important to see where you required faith and hope, and God showed himself.

On another note, I’ve been asked to share my story and experiences with some students at the Penn School of Nursing, as part of a panel of breast-feeding moms. I would like to think I will in some way be able to share the hope and faith we needed and found.

No comments: