Today I read this in a devotional:
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is going ahead and doing what you’re called to do in spite of your fear.
You can have faith that God wants you to do something and still be scared to death. You have to begin with the faith you already have: it may be just a little, but you start there. You take your little faith, “Lord, I believe! Help me with my unbelief!” You put it in our big God, and then he’ll show you how he works out huge results.
Sometimes people will say they don’t want to go to church or make a commitment to Christ until they understand it all.
What I took from it? You can't wait until you're 100% sure and not scared to move forward.
I could list many things that I am fearful of, not only in my life but in the lives of my family. But I won't! Instead I'll just say that I am not giving up hope that we will all be together in eternity. Whatever happens in this life is but for a short time. What we need to think about is how we want to spend eternity. (If you don't believe that life is eternal you probably get much more depressed about your birthday than I will!!)
Nothing in life makes complete sense. But if we had to understand everything completely before we trusted it we would probably live in a cave alone!
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is going ahead and doing what you’re called to do in spite of your fear.
You can have faith that God wants you to do something and still be scared to death. You have to begin with the faith you already have: it may be just a little, but you start there. You take your little faith, “Lord, I believe! Help me with my unbelief!” You put it in our big God, and then he’ll show you how he works out huge results.
Sometimes people will say they don’t want to go to church or make a commitment to Christ until they understand it all.
What I took from it? You can't wait until you're 100% sure and not scared to move forward.
I could list many things that I am fearful of, not only in my life but in the lives of my family. But I won't! Instead I'll just say that I am not giving up hope that we will all be together in eternity. Whatever happens in this life is but for a short time. What we need to think about is how we want to spend eternity. (If you don't believe that life is eternal you probably get much more depressed about your birthday than I will!!)
Nothing in life makes complete sense. But if we had to understand everything completely before we trusted it we would probably live in a cave alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment