Today has been a great day, sun shining, warm breeze etc. A good day for Emma and I to head into the city to visit the office where I used to work. Everyone was excited to meet Emma and I always love it when they find out she is just as cute as her pictures, if not more so, and does not show signs of the complex start in life she has had!
After a great lunch (ah, sushi!) we headed back to the car. On the way I called Scott to let him know we'd be home in about a half hour. All I had to do was take her out of the stroller and into her car seat. Pretty straight forward?
Yeah, not this time! Before I took her out of the stroller I changed her wet diaper and vented her (letting the air out of her belly through the tube) as she had been fed a little while before. Out of the stroller, into the car seat and there it was, the sound that so frequently comes after a diaper change and why we go through so many! You know the sound I mean, I don't need to go there!
As she was already buckled I made the decision that another change would wait until we got home (is that cruel? she goes for longer at night!) Well, then she gagged - the sound she makes when she has air in her belly and needs venting. (It's a horrible sound and I can not bear it when I'm driving!)
I half unbuckled her and plugged in the tube. Out came the air and with it some of the milk from her belly. Once all the air came out I unplugged the tube, let the air out and plugged it back in to put back the milk.
All done, lift the car seat to put it in the car and see the feeding tube laying there. Can you guess? I didn't plug it in right but I couldn't see where it went, so carried on.
After all that I had to change her diaper - a crying baby is not conducive to safe highway driving! When I took her out the seat I found her clothes were soaked with milk! So I had to change her diaper AND clothes, on the back seat of the car in a dark parking lot!
All that took about a half hour! Good thing I had enough money to pay the higher parking tarif!
I thought it was a pretty funny story and if you know me, and how the feeding tube works I think you can get a good visual of the situation!
On the down side today, the hospital has told us we can't take their equipment to the UK because they wouldn't be able to fix it if it broke. they tried to find a company that could help in the UK but nada. Their solution? We should buy a pulse oximeter and suction machine. HELLO!! They would be $400 a month to rent them! mmm, may have to figure something else out!
After a great lunch (ah, sushi!) we headed back to the car. On the way I called Scott to let him know we'd be home in about a half hour. All I had to do was take her out of the stroller and into her car seat. Pretty straight forward?
Yeah, not this time! Before I took her out of the stroller I changed her wet diaper and vented her (letting the air out of her belly through the tube) as she had been fed a little while before. Out of the stroller, into the car seat and there it was, the sound that so frequently comes after a diaper change and why we go through so many! You know the sound I mean, I don't need to go there!
As she was already buckled I made the decision that another change would wait until we got home (is that cruel? she goes for longer at night!) Well, then she gagged - the sound she makes when she has air in her belly and needs venting. (It's a horrible sound and I can not bear it when I'm driving!)
I half unbuckled her and plugged in the tube. Out came the air and with it some of the milk from her belly. Once all the air came out I unplugged the tube, let the air out and plugged it back in to put back the milk.
All done, lift the car seat to put it in the car and see the feeding tube laying there. Can you guess? I didn't plug it in right but I couldn't see where it went, so carried on.
After all that I had to change her diaper - a crying baby is not conducive to safe highway driving! When I took her out the seat I found her clothes were soaked with milk! So I had to change her diaper AND clothes, on the back seat of the car in a dark parking lot!
All that took about a half hour! Good thing I had enough money to pay the higher parking tarif!
I thought it was a pretty funny story and if you know me, and how the feeding tube works I think you can get a good visual of the situation!
On the down side today, the hospital has told us we can't take their equipment to the UK because they wouldn't be able to fix it if it broke. they tried to find a company that could help in the UK but nada. Their solution? We should buy a pulse oximeter and suction machine. HELLO!! They would be $400 a month to rent them! mmm, may have to figure something else out!
1 comment:
HAHA too funny! No one else would understand, but I completely do :)
Hugs and kisses!!!
Post a Comment