So I did get my hair cut, and I am very happy with it! It's great to hold Emma up to my shoulder without worrying about it getting in her eyes or mouth! Not to mention she can't pull on it now!
I also went shopping and got a couple of things, but I will be hitting Target this week for more!
A new haircut and a couple of new tops has a wonderful ability to make you feel like a new person, or it may just be me! A new lease on life, and half the time to wash and style!! (Not to mention reduced shampoo costs.)
It may be just in time. Scott and I have a few concerns about Emma that I have just shared with her doctor in an email. Allow me to elaborate...
Emma is probably missing some nerves in her throat which affects her swallowing. This is why she is fed through a tube - feeding by mouth could lead to choking or aspiration. Increasingly Emma is coughing. We had thought it was because she was getting her food to fast, but now we think she is having to clear her throat more. She has a lot more saliva, which is thick and sticky, and doesn't swallow it efficiently. This will only get worse as she starts teething etc.
The good news is her oxygen levels are doing great. It's just a pain for her because she wakes herself up with a cough, the same way we do when we have a cold. We have been suctioning her and there isn't really anything else we can do at this point. Her position does not make a difference.
So here is my plea: please join us in praying for her health and comfort. We want no less than complete healing for our baby, including the Moebius Syndrome and we believe God can do it. However we also know that there is a purpose behind all struggles and we are committed to his plan, knowing it offers the peace and joy of God. Therefore at the very least we pray Emma would be able to rest well and grow strong.
If you are looking for peace and rest from struggles in your life I would be happy to let you know how Jesus can provide it. Unless you've been reading for a while and know that God's peace surpasses all understanding!
I also went shopping and got a couple of things, but I will be hitting Target this week for more!
A new haircut and a couple of new tops has a wonderful ability to make you feel like a new person, or it may just be me! A new lease on life, and half the time to wash and style!! (Not to mention reduced shampoo costs.)
It may be just in time. Scott and I have a few concerns about Emma that I have just shared with her doctor in an email. Allow me to elaborate...
Emma is probably missing some nerves in her throat which affects her swallowing. This is why she is fed through a tube - feeding by mouth could lead to choking or aspiration. Increasingly Emma is coughing. We had thought it was because she was getting her food to fast, but now we think she is having to clear her throat more. She has a lot more saliva, which is thick and sticky, and doesn't swallow it efficiently. This will only get worse as she starts teething etc.
The good news is her oxygen levels are doing great. It's just a pain for her because she wakes herself up with a cough, the same way we do when we have a cold. We have been suctioning her and there isn't really anything else we can do at this point. Her position does not make a difference.
So here is my plea: please join us in praying for her health and comfort. We want no less than complete healing for our baby, including the Moebius Syndrome and we believe God can do it. However we also know that there is a purpose behind all struggles and we are committed to his plan, knowing it offers the peace and joy of God. Therefore at the very least we pray Emma would be able to rest well and grow strong.
If you are looking for peace and rest from struggles in your life I would be happy to let you know how Jesus can provide it. Unless you've been reading for a while and know that God's peace surpasses all understanding!
No comments:
Post a Comment