In church today Pastor Bob played this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ya9BXClRw If you can spare a few minutes, it is well worth watching, after all, how often is an Oprah segment played in church! It's not a Christian message, but on the whole it's powerful.
After watching it, and PB's sermon I was convicted about complaining about things. You see I don't really mean to complain about anything. Statements of fact, if something I'm not happy about seem to come out like that. Maybe that is the definition!
It is entirely possible that many of the things I journal on the blog day to day read like complaints, after all it is hard to write with inflection! So I am taking this opportunity to assure you that I find great joy in having been blessed with my baby girl. Even more than that, I feel blessed that I have been on this journey of discovery, with Emma and Scott, through some dark times, always feeling the warmth of God's presence and the light to guide us.
Every day that Scott is blessed with work, so I can take care of our precious gift is a joy. Every cry that let's us know she is totally aware of her surroundings, even if it's not happily, is a joy. Joy is a choice that cuts through fatigue. Much like love, which is also a choice.
you can be unhappy about something (late-night diaper changes, for example) but still take joy and love what you do! If I did not find joy in such things I would not jump up and tend to Emma when she needs it, without hesitation. That is not to say Scott doesn't, but at this time, Emma's care is one of my primary purposes, in which I am honored to serve.
One of my aims with the blog is to try and share the struggles and trials that we go through, not just because Emma has Moebius etcc, but just as new parents! To encourage others that we all go through trials, but in God strength and joy can always be found!
I have some very happy memories from my childhood, as does Scott and we long to give Emma even greater freedom and adventure to follow her dreams. (Referring to the video clip...) but I can not guarantee I'll ever be happy about her drawing on the walls!!
I guess after every complaint, and the temptation to feel dissatisfied I hope to take one more step to thank God that we are even here to experience these things that so many could only dream of.
After watching it, and PB's sermon I was convicted about complaining about things. You see I don't really mean to complain about anything. Statements of fact, if something I'm not happy about seem to come out like that. Maybe that is the definition!
It is entirely possible that many of the things I journal on the blog day to day read like complaints, after all it is hard to write with inflection! So I am taking this opportunity to assure you that I find great joy in having been blessed with my baby girl. Even more than that, I feel blessed that I have been on this journey of discovery, with Emma and Scott, through some dark times, always feeling the warmth of God's presence and the light to guide us.
Every day that Scott is blessed with work, so I can take care of our precious gift is a joy. Every cry that let's us know she is totally aware of her surroundings, even if it's not happily, is a joy. Joy is a choice that cuts through fatigue. Much like love, which is also a choice.
you can be unhappy about something (late-night diaper changes, for example) but still take joy and love what you do! If I did not find joy in such things I would not jump up and tend to Emma when she needs it, without hesitation. That is not to say Scott doesn't, but at this time, Emma's care is one of my primary purposes, in which I am honored to serve.
One of my aims with the blog is to try and share the struggles and trials that we go through, not just because Emma has Moebius etcc, but just as new parents! To encourage others that we all go through trials, but in God strength and joy can always be found!
I have some very happy memories from my childhood, as does Scott and we long to give Emma even greater freedom and adventure to follow her dreams. (Referring to the video clip...) but I can not guarantee I'll ever be happy about her drawing on the walls!!
I guess after every complaint, and the temptation to feel dissatisfied I hope to take one more step to thank God that we are even here to experience these things that so many could only dream of.
No comments:
Post a Comment