Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So close

Sunday and Monday nights Emma slept right through, really - not even a diaper change needed! It was wonderful.

Not last night! Firstly, we are waiting for a delivery of supplies and the probe for her monitor is on it's last legs, consistently not picking up. In anticipation of this we had Emma in our room last night so I could reach the monitor without getting up.

In addition to that issue Emma decided to wake up every couple of hours! Then she decided to throw-up again, in the crib! (Yesterday she waited until I was holding her!).
Quite possibly the worst night in weeks. Our morning errands will have to wait until this afternoon!
On a different topic, Emma really seems to be teething and I have a call in to the surgeon to see if we need to think about detaching her tongue sooner rather than later. (You may recall Emma's tongue was adhered to the back of her bottom lip in January and still is!)
She has also been hrowing up at least every other day! Her GI doc is still worried she might be refluxing at night (reflux makes her stop breathing and lowers her oxygen saturation temporarily - he reason we couldn't leave the hospital for so long.) He may decide to do a different study on her to make sure. I'm trying to keep track of the vomiting.


Despite all the negatives, Emma just gets cuter every day! She seems to be talking more and doing some ineresting things with her hands like playing with her feet, clapping and waving - though not on demand!! All the frustration dissipates instantly when she touches your face or even just looks up at you with those huge hazel(!) eyes.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

*hugs* I keep missing you guys...I'm not happy about it!

Anonymous said...

Dear Emma, Debra, and Scott,

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Scott!! I misplaced your address so your Birthday card will be late!

I enjoyed your pictures from England and I loved-d-d the videos of Emma in the pool and her joy when she saw you sneak around the corner. And of course, I love all the entries, Debra. Concise, informative and sometimes humorous. I know that you are very busy, Debra, but log onto LetterRep.com. You write so well and this site might interest you.
I hope that I see all of you soon!

Love,
XXXOOO
Aunt Pat