Stay up to date!!
Sunday
After a 29 hour day on Saturday (time change is a nightmare) and just 4 hours of sleep (Emma not caring about the new time zone) I stayed home from church and slept. It felt good! In the afternoon we caught up with family and friends.
I didn't leave the house until 5pm, when it was still 80 degrees! After the cold and wet in England I remembered another reason why I like living here!!
Monday
Emma has forgotten our little schedule and had me up at 4am again! After taking Scott to work (car still in the shop) I tried to get her down for a nap again, no luck! In fact she barely slept all day!
We headed out for her 6 month well visit. She weighed in at 13lbs 5 oz! That's 2lbs in 5 weeks! We can assume the lipids are doing their job, but there may be another explanation...
Tuesday
At 7.30am Emma and I took a walk. I took her in the carrier so that I could move faster and she will get exercise at holding herself up. It was great - sunny, but still only 65 degrees. Could be a great way to start each day - well only after Emma sleeps for 12 hours!! (She woke at 3am but we brought her in with us and she slept through until 6am!
Later on we learned the mechanic had fixed the car. Great? No. We had said not to do anything that was expensive. Apparently he didn't think $1200 was expensive! Can you say "annoyed"? Yes, we have to pay it. And then we will be getting rid of this car before it it totally worthless.
Wednesday
Today was our follow-up at the hospital assessing the progress on Emma's weight gain. They were very pleased with her progress and have increased the volume of her feeds according to her weight. I also changed her g-tube (the part that stays in her stomach!). The one-way valve was leaking and they let me change it so I can do it at home if necessary!
Emma slept the way there and whole way home - not good. She then wouldn't go down for an afternoon nap, which is my time to catch up on everything else. For some reason (probably fatigue) it really frustrated me. I can't even leave her to play on the floor while I get on - she just lays there and stares at me with those big eyes! Some days things just don't go the way you want!
When her physical therapist arrived I was lacking enthusiasm and energy. By the time she left I was feeling 10 times better! Why? She said Emma is doing much better than she had expected and whatever we're doing is working! Seeing her all day every day, I don't notice progress as much and I guess it takes an objective outsider to help you see it!
She has gone from barely lifting her head while on her belly to holding it way up, arms outstretched and grabbing! She also rolled over all the way, without any prompting! I was concerned that she had not "found" her feet yet, but she is starting to pull her legs up - quite a feat when you grew with a hole in your abs!

2 comments:
that video most def shows the generational side of things...she gets that from her dad...yes/no!?!? ha ha ha its sooo cute tho
Have fun changing those spaghetti diapers! Whew!! :-)
Post a Comment