Friday, July 25, 2008

24 hour gamut of emotions

That's right! After a desat at midnight Emma slept until 6am. So did I, except for Scott's alarm rudely awakening me at 5.30am!

Yesterday was tough. Emma was fussy half the time (just the opposite for the rest) but I felt horrible all day. We did make it out of the house which is always helpful.

In the evening Emma had Grandma over to play while Scott and I visited new baby Aaron who arrived yesterday morning at 8lbs 12oz. Holding this comparative feather I realized how heavy Emma now is, but can not imagine her being 3lbs lighter than Aaron!

Any other day I might have become broody, but I just felt relief I only have one baby to take care of!! In fact when I went to change his diaper I was too nervous - he is so little and we never had that much responsibility for Emma so young. If we do have a healthy baby it will be as unique a day as the first birth!!

As I watched Aaron making all kinds of faces in his sleep, as always, I thought of Emma. It does set off many emotions thinking about her challenges, but also I am coming to realize that I am used to Emma's expressions, or lack there of. She is certainly very expressive though!

On a different note I have just learned that my paternal Grandma passed away overnight. She was very sick the past few years with osteoporosis and I am praying that she is now at rest. Time is so fleeting, it makes each day so much more crucial.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

*hugs* I am sorry to hear about your grandmom!