Sunday, July 27, 2008

Doing laundry at 6am on a Sunday morning is one of those things you don't imagine when you think of being a parent! Why? Well Emma threw up in her bed this morning, on the last clean sheet, and then threw up on her activity mat, which is where she lives most of the time! If I want to put her down to play or sleep this afternoon I have to wash them now!

I feel guilty for the incredible frustration I'm feeling. Scott volunteered to be on baby duty last night so I was ear-plugged and sleeping until about 5am when Emma's screaming, which wasn't waking Scott up finally got on my last nerve! I changed her diaper and clothes and went back to bed. She clearly wasn't happy with that and I gave in at 6am and brought her downstairs.

Thankfully she waited until I'd finished pumping before she threw up all over herself!

I can't blame Scott, he's as exhausted as I am (maybe more!) and fortunate that he can sleep through the loudest noises (though thankfully not me calling him to get the suction machine.)

Emma has been on her medication for reflux for a week now. She has been off the lipids for a week and a half. She has thrown up on three of the days, twice on two of them. One thing the docs thought was contributing to the vomiting was that her stomach was emptying too slow. I think it still is, she has food in her belly long after it should be gone. I guess I'll be in touch with the hospital this week!!

Before all this though, yesterday afternoon we visited the Thompsons and Emma went in the pool again. It is very relaxing and she fell asleep soon after.

I'll have some pictures for you soon, I haven't had time to download them!!

No comments: