Emma is a bit high maintenance right now! She requires suctioning often during the night and has regular desats. I have been in touch with the doctors but they don't really have any suggestions! Despite the increased care she needs I have been blessed with extra patience this week (to counteract the increased fatigue!).
When Emma's speech therapist came yesterday she was very fussy and clingy which at first I put down to just eating. However it soon became clear that she just wasn't herself, she normally warms up to people pretty quick. We deduced that she probably caught the cold-thing I had last week.
So last night we let her sleep in the travel crib in our room. I got a much better night's sleep as I didn't have to get out of bed to suction her or silence the machine. It's not ideal, I think she wakes Scott up when she cries now, but a sick baby needs her mother and she definitely slept better.
Hopefully this means the intensive suctioning and care is only temporary and not due to her medication. The doctors did suggest taking her to the pediatrician but I haven't decided about that yet. It's a very fine line, I don't want to bug the specialists, but the pediatrician won't make any specific diagnoses. In the end none of them really know for sure what's going on!
When Emma's speech therapist came yesterday she was very fussy and clingy which at first I put down to just eating. However it soon became clear that she just wasn't herself, she normally warms up to people pretty quick. We deduced that she probably caught the cold-thing I had last week.
So last night we let her sleep in the travel crib in our room. I got a much better night's sleep as I didn't have to get out of bed to suction her or silence the machine. It's not ideal, I think she wakes Scott up when she cries now, but a sick baby needs her mother and she definitely slept better.
Hopefully this means the intensive suctioning and care is only temporary and not due to her medication. The doctors did suggest taking her to the pediatrician but I haven't decided about that yet. It's a very fine line, I don't want to bug the specialists, but the pediatrician won't make any specific diagnoses. In the end none of them really know for sure what's going on!
No comments:
Post a Comment