Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Update

Last week I donned a white lab coat and became a crew leader for Vacation Bible School "Power Lab." Teaching 25 8-12 year olds for 2 hours each morning turned out to be a lot of fun. The most significant part was realizing that six or more years ago the lessons may as well have been in a foreign language because I had not yet fully realized the power of Jesus.

Teaching VBS was not in my life plan, but I am thankful that it was in God's plan for my life. Nowhere else can you have such an impact on the future than in the lives of children. (But one week is my limit - I have no desire to become a teacher, and the utmost respect for those who do!)

Over the course of the week Emma's top front left tooth poked out and is making it's way out! Pictures when it gets all the way out!

On Saturday Emma and I went to Christina's baby shower. As we all sat chatting afterward Emma gave her first wave! Now she has been waving at herself for a while, but this was a clearly intentional wave to someone else. I am so pleased that we got it on video...



Play time with Pastor Bob at the party!
On Sunday we found some relief from the heatwave at the Thompson's where Emma enjoyed the pool!






Cat nap during supper!

When we came home I left Scott to put Emma to bed while I pumped. I went up to bed at 10.30 expecting one or both of them to be asleep, but no, they were watching the ESPYs in our bed! Scott's excuse - she was just too cute to put to bed!! He was right, she was being adorable. I soon got her asleep and put her to bed though!!

This week I want to work on sleeping habits with Emma! She has been sleeping right through, which has been awesome, but we usually put her to bed already asleep. For naps it's the same or I lay holding her until she nods off. As we have nothing scheduled this week I figure I can afford to lose a little sleep letting her cry it out for a while, before it goes any longer.

I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

1. Your life is way more interesting than mine! Jealous...
2. I wish that I could go swimming in the pool...
3. If you had let go of Emma she probably would have swam away :) Her legs were going a mile and minute! that diaper is huge!!!!
4. I'm happy that you had a good time teaching at VBS!

Anonymous said...

Hey Debra,
Im back from vacation
and i just looked at the blog
and i was so surprised at how much Emma is doing and my mom told me all she does now is wave and clap her hands, it seems like she started doing so many things while i was gone, and it was only a week.
Hopefully by next week she'll be crawling and i'll be there to see it. ;)

Love,
Kimberly