Thursday, August 14, 2008

Go EAGLES

Our filming session yesterday went well and Emma was so well-behaved. She sat on my lap with her pacifier for the whole interview, well, she fell asleep toward the end! Apparently it went well, but I think I probably bumbled my way through it! We'll see when they finish it. We have been invited to the Fred's Footsteps fundraiser where they will play it! Free dinner - we'll be there!! Did I mention they brought a great toy for Emma and a Target giftcard as a thank you for us? Uh, you gave us plenty, the interview was the least we could do!!

This morning I was able to extend Emma's sleep to 7am by bringing her in with me at 6am! We then took a nap about 10am til noon! Don't judge me - she got me up quite a few times during the night and didn't take a nap at all yesterday!!

The physical therapist came today for her monthly session and was really pleased with Emma's progress. Merle is focusing on Emma's overall strength and coordination. I asked if she thought we should ask for weekly sessions and she said she's really not concerned about Emma. She is doing everything that is "normal" for a 9 month old. The only area she is weak (not necessarily behind) is crawling and we can work with her to increase her arm and abdominal strength to help with that. As for walking, she wouldn't necessarily be considered behind until she is 2 years old ("normal" is 12-14 months) because all babies vary.

I've talked to both therapists about the bodybrushing (we fly to Florida for the day next weekend). They are skeptical, who isn't given that only one person in the world can do this special technique, sounds dodgy. However, they can't tell us it's rubbish. In fact it's tough to get any authoritative opinion, after all even some doctors don't believe in miracles, so no-one knows all but God.

Tonight was the second pre-season Eagles game, the first that we have been home to watch. The game kicked off at 8pm, which is Emma's bedtime!! No problem, right? You clearly haven't been at our house during a football game! It's loud from the very beginning. Scott likes to interact with the TV for each play, and often encourage the team!

As you can imagine that is not the best idea when you are putting a tired, but awake baby to bed! However I was pleasantly surprised. Every night we've put her down early she fusses for a couple of minutes but goes to sleep pretty quickly, and the same tonight. In fact, she has stayed sleeping the whole evening and we haven't been keeping the noise down at all.

So, I can conclude that the 8pm bedtime is a winner, for Emma! As for us, I guess we'll be home early each night for a while!

Prayer Requests:
  • The doctors may postpone the tongue-lip detachment. Please pray that they make the right decision, whatever that is.
  • We are going to Florida on August 23 to meet with the bodybrushing therapist from England. Jenn Clarke will evaluate Emma to see if she can help her. We need wisdom in deciding if we pursue the treatment, should Emma qualify, whatever that means.

No comments: