Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Internal diatribe

So Saturday is the big day, you know, the most expensive daytrip ever! We are going to Orlando and back in one day, to meet with Jenn Clarke from the UK. Her bodybrushing technique has apparently helped many people with Moebius Syndrome.

Just going puts us in quite a dilemma. We are investing big bucks in this initial assessment and possible first treatment session, and we do not even know if/how the brushing can help Emma. I have been struggling with the potential guilt I will feel if she tells us she can help Emma and we begin, only to run out of money down the road (or round the corner!).

It did just occur to me this evening as I shared my fears with Scott that even if Emma gets the brushing, it will not cure the Moebius! (Only a miracle can do that.) That does not diminish the potential improvements to the quality of her life, however it's not like we are looking at a life/death situation. In fact, us going broke to get the treatment may be more detrimental than not having it at all!!

From her therapists I have heard open minds, but also encouragement that she is doing superb and her muscle tone is improving greatly and while brushing can help, they don't forsee any concerns with her progress.

So there you have it, the inner working of my mind, for now!!

1 comment:

jkerk said...

Whew! Big decisions ahead of you that only God can help you with. I pray for wisdom and peace for both you and Scott.
Judy