Last night Scott and I stopped by McDonalds for a caramel sundae! As we sat in the car eating it Scott said it reminded him of when Emma was in the hospital, when we would get McDonalds at the hospital or stop by on our way home. That got me thinking, particularly of the first night we spent alone with Emma, in a family room in the NICU.
Back on February 23, as we prepared to bring Emma home we spent the night at the hospital with her in our room. It was possibly the worst night of her stay at the hospital. I was terrified that there would be an emergency or something. I don't think either of us got much sleep and we watched the monitor constantly. Despite there being a nurse watching the monitor from nearby.
Of course we got through it, and every night since! We don't often have the time or presence of mind to think back on the hospital experience, in detail! We know that we had incredible peace and faith during the experience, so it's interesting that when I think back to some of the things that happened I feel all the emotions that we would have felt then if it were not for God's grace!
It's even harder to believe when you see the precious gem that we live with now...
Back on February 23, as we prepared to bring Emma home we spent the night at the hospital with her in our room. It was possibly the worst night of her stay at the hospital. I was terrified that there would be an emergency or something. I don't think either of us got much sleep and we watched the monitor constantly. Despite there being a nurse watching the monitor from nearby.
Of course we got through it, and every night since! We don't often have the time or presence of mind to think back on the hospital experience, in detail! We know that we had incredible peace and faith during the experience, so it's interesting that when I think back to some of the things that happened I feel all the emotions that we would have felt then if it were not for God's grace!
It's even harder to believe when you see the precious gem that we live with now...
No comments:
Post a Comment