Last night we went over to our friends house and Emma met baby Aaron face to face! No longer the baby of the bunch, Emma wanted to hold Aaron. What else could we do but let her...

As a little girl I remember taking care of my baby dolls, and then as an adult helping with other peoples babies. I gave Aaron a bottle last night, and while not my first-time, it's been a couple of years (since I fed his big brother Nathan). It's surprising how much of a rookie I felt.
We have gone 9 months without actually feeding Emma as normal, and though I am sad that our experience has been abnormal, I also look at each of these "normal" things as incredibly special when we get to do them.
Speaking of which, today Emma had some peaches for the second time. You would be surprised at the joy to be had in having a use for a bib and to have food residue on everything!! Those little things are to be cherished!
She liked the pureed peaches more than the organic apple sauce I tried in the week. Take a look...
_____________________________
Emma's sleep habits are still a little haphazard and, for example, last night she went to bed at 10pm (it's a weekend people!!) and still wanted to get up at 6am. Clearly 8 hours is not enough sleep, and though she slept for several hours throughout the day yesterday I feel like such a bad mother. So at 6am I brought her into my bed and held her until she fell asleep again. Of course, that meant I did too! We got up at 8am, so she had almost 10 hours!
Daytime naps are the toughest. She falls asleep about 9am and then after lunch at noon. However, she only sleeps for 30-45 minutes at a time. I've tried letting her cry it out, but she gets more stressed and when I do go in she is sweating and all worked up. Today I took her into my room after she woke up and held her until she fell asleep again. I'm not sure what else to do.
It's equally tough because if she is going to sleep for any length of time and I want to do something else I need to get her on the pulse ox, which in practicality is like wrapping her foot with a Band-Aid - tough to do without waking her!!
1 comment:
She is determined to feed herself! Leaps and bounds, leaps and bounds!
Post a Comment