Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On schedule

I emailed Emma's surgeon and explained her slight cold. He said, and I quote "Generally if the child has no fever, is not coughing or wheezing we go ahead with surgery." Alrighty then! Looks like Monday it is.

Emma isn't showing many signs of being sick. A slightly crusty (sorry Gran) nose and a little loose bowel. If she gets worse I will of course check again! I don't care - no point in doing elective surgery if it could make her sick!

I think I forgot to mention that on Saturday, while we Skyped (video web chat) my grandparents and Emma was yet again reaching for the laptop, Emma shook her head copying my Grandma doing the same, telling her "No"! Alas my parents were unable to get the same response today. But it evens out, we think she said "Hi" to my Dad a while back! (My family are so competitive!!! ;-)

Emma continues to sabotage her own therapy sessions. When the therapist and I try and get her to crawl to toys out of reach she simply refuses and starts clapping and waving. So adorable is Emma, her therapist starts doing it back to her! She'd much rather social interaction than toys. We'll never get her going at this rate!

One area of progress is clear, she's babbling like a brook! All kinds of sounds from whispers to screeches, indiscriminate "mama" and "dada" popping up all the time. I've learnt a few baby signs to try and work with her but it's hard to do if you are holding her or she's not paying attention!

Please continue to pray with us for the surgery next week. We are so hopeful that this could be the final step toward as much normalcy as we can expect, and more fun for Emma! Mmm, food!

No comments: