This week has been tough. I've been working on a project for my former company (and thankful I am for the opportunity and extra $$!), really only a couple of hours each day and none on Thursday. Grandma Ellen has been great, coming over to keep Emma busy while I work.
However, related or not, Emma has created extra work for me because she has decided not to nap this week! Seriously, it's like she never started taking two hour naps each day.
I can't figure out if it's because our routine has altered slightly, but it's not like we have exactly the same plan each day anyway. Another possibility is that she has been spoiled sleeping with me for a couple of hours in the mornings and wants to for all sleeping! I think this is the most likely and will take discipline on my part of getting up when she does. Great!!
A source of great wisdom, my Grandad pointed out today that a change in routine is good as no-one can keep the same routine going indefinitely.
Of course my main concern right now is next week. If she is clingy and fighting sleep now, how will she be in the hospital!! I guess we'll have to wait and see on that.
One of the good things this week was the speech therapy session on Thursday. Brooke said that Emma has improved in how she responds to the food in her mouth (although I've been rubbish at feeding her regularly!) and also all the sounds and tones she is using in her speech. It was really the first time she has heard Emma as she has always been shy before! This time we put her in the Exersaucer and ignored her. It was a matter of seconds before she demanded our attention!!
1 comment:
I work Wed, Thurs, Fri next week. My mom is getting surgery on Tuesday!
Post a Comment