Yesterday I took Emma to the pediatricians. She's been grabbing at her ears more than I've seen before and we worried it might be an ear infection (though on breast milk that should not be so!!). As it turns out her ears are fine, and though she is teething she may also have a sore throat - her tonsils looked a bit red.
I'm not sure what that means for her surgery, or what we need to do so I will be putting in a call to the hospital and will let you know.
At first I was concerned that the surgery would be delayed, but then I realized that might actually be a good thing. Only God knows when the time will be right to detach the tongue so if this is a delay mechanism we will go with it!
Emma has been still napping well and going to bed at night, but she's waking up during the night and wants to get up at 5.30am! Resistance is futile and so she's been snuggling with me and Scott (before he has to get up) and usually I can get an extra hour of sleep in!
The most endearing and infuriating thing is that she seems emotionally distraught when I try and get her back to sleep in her crib, only to become the cutest baby when she comes in to our bed!! I don't wish she'd stay cranky by any means, but I wouldn't feel nearly so manipulated!!
As for today, Emma pulled herself up to stand from a half sit - she was sitting on my leg and held the edge of the ottoman and pulled up!
I'm not sure what that means for her surgery, or what we need to do so I will be putting in a call to the hospital and will let you know.
At first I was concerned that the surgery would be delayed, but then I realized that might actually be a good thing. Only God knows when the time will be right to detach the tongue so if this is a delay mechanism we will go with it!
Emma has been still napping well and going to bed at night, but she's waking up during the night and wants to get up at 5.30am! Resistance is futile and so she's been snuggling with me and Scott (before he has to get up) and usually I can get an extra hour of sleep in!
The most endearing and infuriating thing is that she seems emotionally distraught when I try and get her back to sleep in her crib, only to become the cutest baby when she comes in to our bed!! I don't wish she'd stay cranky by any means, but I wouldn't feel nearly so manipulated!!
As for today, Emma pulled herself up to stand from a half sit - she was sitting on my leg and held the edge of the ottoman and pulled up!
No comments:
Post a Comment