Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Great date

Scott called me this afternoon and told me to be ready to go out for an hour when he got home! What's a girl to say but "of course!"

We took Emma to Christina's for the "hour" because Grandma was not available. It's the first time we've left Emma for any length of time with anyone but Grandma, but I wasn't so much nervous (Christina's been paying close attention for a while!), more concerned because Emma has been very clingy and upset today!

Thankfully she was okay after we left. Not surprising, with 3 boys there is enough going on to distract her! When we picked her up she was on the sofa watching over baby Aaron, between Jeremy and Christina. No sooner did I st down than she started to cry and turn bright red until I picked her up! Thanks guys!

I know you're wondering what we did for that hour, and I can't keep you hanging on! We had a delicious dinner at chez Boston Market and a round of Putt Putt (mini-golf). I would like to add that I got two hole-in-ones and we scored the same overall. No - Scott did not let me win! He's as competitive as me!! We had a great time, a fun date in under 90 minutes (an hour was ambitious!!).

On the way home we caught the tale end of a sermon on the radio. As I listened to the encouragement and words of truth I felt me soul lift out of the dumps it's been in this week. I realized I had missed church on Sunday and have less than 100% concentration while holding Emma when I am there. The result, my focus shifts from the hope and strength I have in Christ (of a purpose in this life and heaven in the next), and lands on my daily trials and fatigue!

Feel free to remind me to shift focus next time I get down!

No comments: