Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's either really late, or really early, depending on which continent you are on!! You might ask what am I doing writing right now? (You might not, but I'll tell you anyway!!)

Tonight was ear-marked to tackle the bulk of the painting in our bedroom. Scott decided that he would skip over-time to spend some extra time with his girls before his trip. After playing with Emma and a bite to eat we got to work. (Yes, Grandma saved the day again by coming to see Emma. Yes, I do have a great Mother-in-Law!)

Scott painted the ceiling before I joined him. We then tackled the baseboard and door trim. (We debated the merits of wall then trim and vice-versa, and went trim first!) Thankfully the floor was taped off and the walls unpainted, which meant I could help! I'm not good at 'coloring in the lines!' (Scott thinks I only like to paint walls because I was never allowed to do it as a child - aforementioned reason!)

I had decided to do an "accent wall" in a dark teal color, which turns out to be uncannily similar to the Philadelphia Eagles green - how many married men get to paint their bedrooms their team colors!! It also needed 3+ coats!

Scott handled the edges, of course and I waited patiently to go nuts with the roller and fill in the middle!

As you might have guessed, it was getting pretty late, Emma long since gone to bed (three nights of good sleeping so far! Yay Emma!). How on earth does one persuade tired, working hubby to keep going? It helps enormously if the Phillies have a playoff game (they won, yippee!) which starts at 8.30pm, and runs until 12.10am!! Coincidentally that was the exact time we got finished!

I also did a DQ run mid-evening and I myself had a bottle of full-fat Coke, which (in a very long-winded fashion) explains why I am still wide awake! Caffeine and sugar - the enemy of a good nights sleep.

The fun part of the bedroom project is that Scott won't get to see any finishing touches until he comes home as that is my distraction project while he is away! This is the other reason I can't sleep - soooo many ideas!!!

I also did something I thought I would NEVER ever do tonight. Let me set the background for this. Imagine if you will, as a child, we would often return home from visits to my grandparents on a Sunday afternoon. It was an 1.5 hour drive, during which my Dad would have the radio tuned into the football results. Torture.

I do not know why, but all sports radio broadcasts have the worst reception and the most grating feedback! I had since refused to allow such radio in my presence.

However, this very night, I actively changed the radio frequency to AM and picked up the Phillies game as I drove to Home Depot and DQ. I also verbally expressed disappointment at a failed catch by Shane Victorino. WHO AM I???!!!

One last thing - today Emma was 11 months old!! I can hardly believe it's come so soon, yet feel like it's been much longer!

And so ends the caffeine-induced ramblings of a soon-to-be-tired Mum!

No comments: