Thursday, October 2, 2008

Positives

So I realized I may be sounding negative about Emma's post-surgery issues, so I'll try to be more balanced.

As I said, she is drooling more, but it has been suggested that it could be extra drool to help heal the wounds, which makes total sense. And in the meantime she gets to wear all the cute bibs we have for her.

Her therapist had a cancellation today so she came to see Emma as she couldn't on Tuesday. There doesn't seem to be any sign of regression in her body, which the therapists had warned us about. Only that progress might slow down, but no signs of that so far.

Last night she had a dry mouth after we swabbed it with the medicine, so I dipped her pacifier in water and gave it to her. Not only did she take it, but we heard real sucking noises!! (Sucking is something she is not supposed to be able to do!!)

And after 12 hours of sleep last night (the last 4 in bed with me!!) she had a great day and was much less clingy.

Praise the Lord!!

No comments: